Ardel Engineering is dedicated to doing the job right, the first time, to make sure our clients are satisfied with our quality produced parts. We have the ability to machine a wide variety of materials like Aluminum, Stainless steel, titanium, Monel, plastic polymers like Delrin®, PEEK, acrylic, etc., and too many more to list here.
With multiple machines equipped with different spindles and tooling on site, we can make almost any part that our clients may need in their special projects and endeavors. The CNC Mill Machinist must be able to fully operate our Haas VF4SS and Mori Seiki NHX machines while maintaining a clean and organized work area. Setup and manufacture quality parts on CNC machines from blueprint, drawings, provided programs and setup sheets.
CNC Mill Setup Machinist Job Summary
Setup and manufacture quality parts on CNC machines from blueprints, drawings, supplied programs and setup sheets.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate multiple machines to run production as instructed
- Perform in-process inspections and document results as required
- Remove burrs or sharp edges as required per print
- Monitor and maintain clean and safe levels of fluid in machines
- Perform daily machine and work area cleaning
- Change tooling and offsets as needed.
- Set-up machines to include tooling changes and offset changes
- Conduct proper machine startup and shutdowns
- Use gaging equipment and properly interpret results
- Read and interpret blueprints/drawings, CNC programs and set up sheets
- Problem solve and troubleshoot processes
- Work with programmer on all advanced program editing at machine
- Install program, setup and efficiently manufacture quality precision parts per print/drawing and set up sheets
- Assist machine operators with tooling changes
- Perform advance level CMM inspections
- Train and monitor all machine operators and machinists
- Perform 1st article, in-process, final inspections and document results as required
- Basic programming knowledge of CAD/CAM software
- Layout tooling
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continually evaluate processes for improvements
- Practice and support current ISO procedures
- Adhere to all departmental and company procedures and policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Stand continuously with occasional walking and sitting
- Perform wide range of physical activities from pushing, pulling, lifting heavy objects (up to 30 lbs), and bending
- Work with oil and coolants contacting the skin
- Exposure to metal cutting liquids and metal shavings
Skills & Abilities:
- Read and interpret print/drawings
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient use of inspection equipment
- Mathematical skills
- Able to interpret GD & T
- Proficient with G & M codes
Education and/or Experience:
- 5 - 10 years machining experience on CNC Mills
- Five years setup experience on Haas and/or Mori-Seki
- Two year machining certificate or equivalent experience on CNC Mills
Our Facilities & Equipment
Our site has fifteen Vertical machining centers and two Horizontal machining centers. Spindles run up to 20,000 RPM. With full 4th axis capability. We offer secondary services for finished parts such as anodizing on multiple Class levels, electroplating, passivation, chemical filming and many more options to meet our customers’ needs.
Ardel is located in Minneapolis, MN, just blocks away from the intersection of I-694 and Highway 169, between 49th Avenue and Bass Lake Road.
If you possess the skills and ambition to succeed as a CNC Setup Machinist, we want to hear from you! Fill out the brief application form above and someone from our team will get back to you.
Be sure to check our Careers page for new job opportunities with Ardel Engineering & Manufacturing!