Ardel Engineering strives to provide our customers with the highest quality machined parts. We meet our clients with open arms and will work diligently to makes sure they are completely satisfied. We can mill materials like Delrin®, aluminum, brass, stainless steel, UHMW, many plastic polymers and even rare metals, including but not limited to, Platinum, Iridium, and Palladium.
Our industry standard certifications range from ISO 9001:2008 to being ITAR certified. Machinist must be able to fully operate machine while maintaining a clean and organized work area. Basic and advanced setup skills along with troubleshooting knowledge are needed to keep the machine producing quality parts.
CNC Mill Operator Job Summary
Run production and assist with setups on CNC machines, monitor fluid levels in machines.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate multiple machines to complete machining of parts to print
- Perform in-process inspections and document results as required
- Remove rust, burrs or sharp edges as required
- Monitor and maintain clean and safe levels of fluid in machines
- Perform daily machine and work area cleaning
- Change tooling as needed
- Set-up machines to include tooling changes
- Conduct proper machine startup and shutdowns
- Use gaging equipment and properly interpret results
- Problem solve and troubleshoot processes as needed
- Read and interpret blueprints/drawings and CNC programs
- Basic program editing at machine
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continually evaluate processes for improvements
- Adhere to all departmental and company procedures and policies
- Practice and support current ISO procedures
- Perform advanced level CMM inspections
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Stand continuously with occasional walking and sitting
- Perform wide range of physical activities ranging from pushing, pulling, lifting heavy objects (up to 30 lbs), bending, and dexterity skills
- Work with oil and coolants contacting the skin
Skills & Abilities:
- Follow verbal or written instructions in English
- Complete assigned tasks in timely manner
- Read and interpret prints/drawings
- Advanced use of inspection equipment
Education and/or Experience:
- Two year machine training certificate or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years Machine Operator experience
Our Facilities & Equipment
Our CNC Milling machines are mostly Haas, with 2 Mori Seiki 20,000 RPM Milling machines and 2 Fadal 15,000 RPM with pallet changer. We have 6 Digital Indexers on our floor as well. Ardel focuses on making sure our clients get the exact part they need to fulfil their projects. Our diameter tolerance is down to .0002; can profile down to .0015 and our flatness is .0002 inch per inch (overall .002). Usual turnaround is within 7 to 8 weeks from prototype to end of production. Our commitment to our customers is a top priority with emergency and rush order services available.
Ardel Engineering is located in Minneapolis, MN, just blocks away from the intersection of I-694 and Highway 169, between 49th Avenue and Bass Lake Road.
If your resume and experience match our requirements for the CNC Milling Operator job, complete our brief application above and a representative from our team will be in touch.
Continue to check our Careers page for new job listings!